Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gluten Free: Gluten Free Cafe Chicken Noodle Soup

 I was not going to write a review about this soup, but one bite and I changed my mind. Completely.

I'm talking about Gluten Free Cafe Chicken Noodle Soup

I got one can of this soup as a part of a care package from the hospital when I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I didn't think much of it because I was so super excited about the rest of the stuff in the care package.


As I have mentioned, the last few weeks up here in the Northlands have been bitter cold. Monday night was no exception. After I finished up tweaking yesterday's post, I realized it was after 6pm and I hadn't eaten. Uhhh....oops.

So I pulled out this can of soup and thought to myself, "Yes. Warm. I don't care what it tastes like. It'll be warm."

Fast-forward ten minutes or so, and I'm headed back, soup in hand, to Monday Night Football with Sailor. I take my first bite and.....whoa.

Did I read the label wrong?? Those are rice noodles?? How?! What?! They taste and feel just like their wheaty cousins....is this real life?

I want to lick the screen.
 Look at those noodles, guys. So good.

There were plenty of pieces of chicken, celery, and carrots. The broth was so good, I wanted to lick the bowl. Then the pan. Then dig the can out of the trash and lick it. Not really, but pretty close.

After the first bite, I trotted my lil self back into the kitchen to take some pictures of the glorious stuff before I scarfed it down. I knew I needed to share my new-found love!!

My favorite soup bowl. Scored it for a dollah at a flea market. Woot woot!!
All gone!!



If you can't find it in your local grocery store, I know Amazon has some good deals on it. If you like soup, and you do gluten free, I'm telling you, this is the stuff!!

Stay warm friends!!

Yours cozily,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment