Sunday, May 18, 2014

Looking Forward: 5LCBWDAY7


Since I did not participate in the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week last year, I have no project aspirations to look back upon. But I have plenty of things the look forward to!

My hope is that in a year from now, I will be a much more accomplished knitter. I hope I will continue taking risks and trying new techniques. I also hope that in a few months, I will be able to say that I have completed (since I have even yet to start) the Christmas stocking for my first child. I want to knit one for each of our kiddos.

For crocheting, and I do hope this gets done sooner than one year from now, I'd like to finish my Hexagon blanket. Because really, it's been over two years since I started it, and that's just sad. It's so pretty, and it's be nice to have it done, so that I never have to do it again. Hahah. I wish I were joking. So many ends to weave in!!!!

Additionally, since this blog is partially about my etsy shop, I'd like to have more consistent new-creations for the shop. I love the challenge of making new things and writing new patterns, and I really want to keep the items in the shop fresh. New stuff is fun stuff.


Some other projects I'd like to have under my belt:

-More knitted socks! I want to feel comfortable making them. Like, "oh I'll just make some socks no big deal" comfortable. Not "oh I'll make some socks and freak out half way through the first sock and have a nervous breakdown about the type of heel I'm going to put on it." That's where I'm at right now.

-A knitted sweater for me. I don't know what kind. I don't know when. I just feel like it is something that ought to happen.

-And I am certain that my babu will inspire me in ways I cannot predict, so hopefully in a year from now, I'll be telling you all about the things I made that my 8-month-old gets the most use out of.

As far as blogging goes, I have absolutely no goals for my blog. I have no idea where my life will take me in this next year: whether blogging will still be a welcome output for creative ramblings, or it will have become more of a chore than a joy. I don't want to plan and push and set limits and goals for this derpy blog, I'd rather see what it becomes as time goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment