Monday, May 5, 2014

It's a Girl!! or How to Tell What Secrets I am Keeping via Ravelry





I have mentioned this before and I'll say it again: I am not very good at keeping secrets. I can't make up a "likely reason" to keep someone off the trail of a surprise I have for them. I have my moments of brilliance where I blame the internet or Google for "knowing what you search for a lot, that's why that shirt keeps popping up. Not because I bought it for you."But those moments are few and far between.

Plus, I'm impatient.

If I'm excited about something, I want EVERYONE to know. Which is why there was absolutely no way I was going to even attempt to keep it a secret when we found out what gender Baby Z is. Well, there are a lot of reasons why we didn't want to keep it a secret, but the primary one is I'm a loud mouth and see no point in struggling to be silent for 4.5 more months. Plus, my sister would have tortured it out of me. You don't mess with that girl when it comes to babies.

But, for a moment, let's pretend I were going to keep the baby's gender a secret. Okay, fine. But since I know what the baby is, I'd want to make stuff. And If I want to make stuff, I probably want to document it. And if I want to document it, I can't do it in a place that my friends and family will be looking. Because, come on, one look at what's on the top of my Ravelry queue currently and you know what's up:


"Uhhh....no, I was just. Those are for...some...other....baby...I know."

No. It wouldn't work.

Me and secrets about babies do not mix. Especially when the secret is something like, "WE'RE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!" and is going to require a ton of crafting in the next 4 months. Short term secrets are a bit better, but when it comes to my baby, I'm going to be doing a lot of shouting with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment