Friday, January 3, 2014

Winter is Coming Direwolf Cowl

When it comes to nerdy crafting, I am the first on to jump aboard. In my adventures of Christmas gifting, I knew I was going to get my nerd on with one particular giftee: my sister in law, Kori.

The year was 2012. The month, October. The place? A car on the highway headed to Tennessee. In our adventures to go pack up the rest of Kori's belongings and move her up north. She was reading the fifth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (aka the Game of Thrones books, for all you non-readers). Every now and then, while she was reading, she would go "oooohhh snap" or something like that. It was an exciting book. On that very same trip, Kori bought me the first book of the series and sparked my love for it.

As a tribute to her introducing me to the GoT universe, I had to get nerdy for her Christmas gift. I used the Double-Knitted House Stark Direwolf Scarf chart by Katie Dawson on Ravelry. I only took a segment of the pattern and used it to embroider the direwolf after I knitted the cowl.


Funny enough, she got Sailor and I Game of Thrones themed shirts for Christmas. He got a Night Watch shirt, and I got a "My Little Dragon" one. Too perfect.


Dat wolf. I really, really, REALLY wanted to keep it for myself. Maybe I'll make my own. After all, winter is coming. I mean....winter is already here. It's cold.
Bark baaaarrrrk.


The pattern for the direwolf is free at the link I posted above. The cowl itself is just knit on circular needles. I think it's 170 sts for 44 rows. Math.

I have a few more nerdy knits coming up, so keep your eyes peeled!
Love,
Carolyn

Linkin' up

No comments:

Post a Comment