Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Yarn and Upcoming Projects

 So I scored some new yarn from Knitting-Warehouse.com. If you are a yarn crafter and you don't know about this site yet, you really need to check it out. They sell major name brands of yarn at discounted prices. If you are like me and you need some good-quaility yarn that you have worked with before but are too nauseated to leave the couch don't want to drop big dollars at Michael's, this is the site for you! Plus, in my opinion, they have a better selection of colors than most chain-craft-stores. Yaayy!!

I got 8 skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease for less than $30, plus shipping. Woohoo!! I consider that a win. -high fives self-
 I purchased two skeins of this nice grey and some ocher to make a baby cardigan for Baby Z. Since I want to get crafting and it's a bit too early to know the gender of our lil babu yet, I picked out colors that can go either way.

Yes, I am one of those people that sticks to the "normal gender roles color schemes": pink and purple are for girls. But pretty much everything else is fair game. Hate all you want, haters, but it's my opinion, yo.
 I want to use the Baby Sophisticate cardigan pattern by Linden Down on Ravelry for this cardi. I'll probably do the ocher for the collar/button flap. Any left overs are going to be for socks and mitts and hats for lil Baby Z.
 This color was really hard to capture on camera. Probably because the lighting here is terrible. This is about accurate to the true color of this yarn.

Regardless, I'm going to have to wait until we know if the baby is a boy or a girl for me to use this yarn. If Baby Z is a girl, I want to make the Angel Wings Pinafore by Bev's Country Cottage on Ravelry. If Baby Z is a boy, I am thinking the Wonderful Wallaby Hoodie is in order.
Blarg, soooo washed out in this pic!!
 That brings me to the last two skeins! This classic blue cotton will go to work as a baby blanket. I'm thinking it'll be a simple baby blanket like the Classic Baby Blanket by Rayn Blair on Ravelry. It's sturdy, but still pretty. But not too pretty that I won't want to use it 24/7. I mean, come on, this is cotton yarn we are talking about here. It's a work horse! Use and wash and use and wash. Babies are messy.

Can't wait to get started!! Have you used any of these patterns? How did it go? I'd love to hear about your experiences.

-Carolyn
Linkin' up at these fine sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment