Monday, December 16, 2013

Last Minute Gifting for Crafty Folks 2013

Racking your brain because you have no idea what to get the gals in your needle arts guild? Stumped in regards to what your bff crafting pal wants? Rewarding yourself because you got all your preparing done on time? Freaking out because you didn't think, even after reading my post about gift wrapping the first week of December, that suddenly the holiday season would be upon you? Fear not!

I give you, the Last In Line Shop's official Last Minute Gifting Guide for Crafty Folks 2013. Here are my picks for lovely, crafty, Christmas gifts for the creative soul in your life. Whether it's your auntie, your uncle, your granny, your bff, your daughter or you....I think you will find inspiration in this list and be able to bring joy to the last few lovelies on your list!

Let's rock this.


Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 circles, hexagons, triangles, squares, and other unexpected shapes
This book is at the very tip top of my list of fave crocheting books of all times. The colors, the shapes, and the instructions are all fantastic. Each motif features a pattern written out and charted, so you get the best of both worlds. Woot woot! Great fro crocheters who (like me) don't always like following a huge long pattern to make something, but rather like little chunks of inspiration as a jumping off point.



Clover Knitting Needle Gauge
This nifty tool is useful to most knitters who actually check their gauge (I don't. I know, I'm bad). Affordable, shiny, useful, and shaped like a knitted hat! Darling!!



ExcelSteel 5-Piece All Purpose Scissors
Because you can never ever have enough scissors. Nuff said.



The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
A novel that centers around an entreprenurial knitter and her ragtag group of friends. Have Kleenex handy with this one, folks. A real feels-jerker.



SOAK WASH for Handknits (Aqua)
While I have yet to use it myself, this stuff has earned acclaim throughout the fiber arts world. Use it as a pre-blocking soak, or to wash your handmade garments. SoakWash softens, cleans, and helps your delicates stay just like new. Though it seems a bit spendy for one bottle, a little drop will go a long way!


I like big balls and I cannot lie. Knitting. Yarn. - Mugs - 11oz Magic Transforming Mug
Because wintertime means cold weather, and cold weather requires warm drinks, and warm drinks require mugs, and mugs require puns. This is such a great mug. First, it's magic. It goes from being all black to revealing the punny image when you fill it with a warm liquid. Second, yarn puns. Need I say more? This would be adorable to put in a gift basket for a yarny friend with a variety of tea, coffee, and hot cocoa.


Beautiful Sheep Postcard Book (Beautiful... Postcard Books)
This is the postcard set that goes along with the book Beautiful Sheep: Portraits of Champion Breeds. The photos are crystal clear and guaranteed to make any fiber freak start to drool. If you have a crafty, wool-loving person who likes to send mail on your list, I think this may be the ultimate gift. Because, it's totally not weird to have a collection of postcards featuring pictures of sumptuous sheeperz against silky back drops. Not weird at all. I dig it.

Well, that about concludes my list of fun, last-minute gifts that I think many crafters will appreciate. Hopefully this little round up will give you some ideas for your last minute gifty needs. I think if you order today, you will still be able to get these goods from Amazon before the big day. Depending on where you live, of course. If you are still unsure if your recipient will like any of these things...then....just...get them a giftcard to a local yarn shop. (Or Michael's, if you absolutely must. I hate Michael's.) Happy shopping!!

Yours festively,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment